If you would like to treat yourself or a loved one to a truly memorable day out at the home of English wines there are a range of special gift experience packages available.
The Chapel Down Gift Experience 2013
Arrive at midday for a 3-course lunch from a selected menu in our restaurant, which will be accompanied by a glass of Chapel Down wine and followed by tea or coffee.
After lunch there will be time to explore the vineyards before being met by your guide and escorted to the vineyards where the cycle of the vine growing year will be explained to you. The tour will then move into our state of the art winery where your guide will lead you through the winemaking process from press right through to bottling line.
Finally you will return to the shop for a tasting of a selection of our award winning red, white and sparkling wines.
After the tour you are free to explore the herb garden or browse in the wine and fine food store.
To complete your day each gift experience will also include a voucher for £10.00 to spend on wine purchases in the shop before you leave.
Gift Experiences cost £55.00 per person (Price applicable from Wednesday 6th June 2012).
Vouchers for 1, 2 or more people can be purchased by calling us on 01580 766111 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gift Experiences must be pre-booked and are available only on selected dates between April and December 2013.
- The date of visit can be booked at the time of purchase or at a later date.
- A list of available dates can be sent on request
- Maximum group size is 20 people
- You will be seated with other Gift Experience customers for your lunch.
- Approx duration 3.5 hours
- Availability of weekend dates is limited.
2013 Dates for the Standard Gift Experience are as follows:
"I just wanted to say a big thank you to you and all of your team after attending one of your gift experiences days last week. I bought the gift for my dad’s 50th birthday present and everything from the meal on arrival to the wine and cheese tasting was superb. Our tour guide was extremely helpful, we all learnt a lot and had a great day out. Your staff were all fantastic and I will be personally recommending the day as well as the restaurant"
Rebecca Hepworth, Visited October 2012
The Chapel Down Deluxe Experience 2013
Arrive at 12.30pm and you will be welcomed with a glass of Chapel Down fizz in our restaurant followed by a fantastic 3 course lunch accompanied by half a bottle of Chapel Down house wine. Tea or coffee will be served after lunch.
After a leisurely lunch your guide will meet you at 3.00pm and escort you to the vineyards where the cycle of the vine growing year will be explained to you. The tour will then move into our state of the art winery where your guide will lead you through the winemaking process from press right through to bottling line. Finally you will return to the Wine and Fine Food Store for an extended tasting to include our award winning sparkling wines.
After the tour and tasting you are free to explore the Herb Garden and browse in the Wine and Fine Food Store and to complete your day you will be presented with a unique Chapel Down Gift as a reminder of your time with us.
Deluxe Gift Experiences cost £75.00 per person. Vouchers for 1, 2 or more people can be purchased by calling us on 01580 766111 or email: email@example.com.
- Deluxe Experiences must be pre-booked and due to limited availability we advise you to book your date at the time of purchase or as soon as possible afterwards.
- Maximum group size is 12 people.
- Approx duration 4.5 hours.
- You will be seated with other Deluxe Experience customers for your lunch.
- We strongly advise you to arrange suitable transport arrangements after this experience as you will be consuming alcohol, a list of taxi companies can be provided.
2013 Dates for the Chapel Down Deluxe Experience are as follows:
Tour and Tea Package
On the day of your visit please arrive at 12.45pm to redeem your voucher at the shop. At 1pm your guide will meet you and will escort you to the vineyards where the cycle of the vine growing year will be explained to you.
The tour will then move into our modern winery where your guide will lead you through the winemaking process from press, right through to the bottling line. The tour will conclude with a tutored tasting of a selection of our award winning red, white, rose and sparkling wines.
After the tour, your guide will take you to our restaurant, the Swan at Chapel Down where you will be welcomed with a glass of Chapel Down fizz followed by a delicious array of finger sandwiches, a mouth-watering selection of sweet pastries and homemade scones with jam and cream, accompanied by fresh tea or coffee.
After your tea, feel free to explore the Wine and Fine Food store, simply relax in our herb garden or take a gentle walk through the vines.
The afternoon normally concludes at around 4.30pm. Should you need to arrange a taxi it is advisable to do this in advance. The tour and tea is priced at £35.00 per person. Limited spaces - so please book soon.
2013 Dates for the Tour and Tea Package
Terms and Conditions
- Please note that the arrival time is important in order for the itinerary to work effectively, please be prompt.
- Please note that vouchers cannot be redeemed after the expiry date.
- Maximum group size 24 people.
- Booking is essential -call 01580 766 111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Bespoke Gift Packages
If you are looking for something really special as a gift or a treat for family, friends or colleagues and you need some inspiration or local knowledge please contact Lucy Patridge our Retail Manager on tel: 01580 766111 or email email@example.com. Lucy will be happy to advise and organise a bespoke itinerary dependent on your requirements and budget. As a taster we can provide any of the options below:
- Private Tours
- Tank tasting
- Fine Dining at lunchtime or evening
- Food and Wine Matching
- Extended Wine Tastings and VIP tours
- Sabrage Demonstrations
- Accomodation recommendations
- Merlin Hot Air Balloon Rides