- Malts: East Anglian malt
- Hops: Saaz, Cascade & Nelson Sauvin hops
- ABV: 4.7%
- Bottle Price: £1.75
Tasting NotesWe use East Anglian malt, saaz and cascade hops, then re-ferment using Champagne yeast before adding a "dosage" of the rare and fragrant Nelson Sauvin hop before cold filtering this unpasturised beer into bottle. Full-flavoured and well balanced with aromatic hoppy notes and a crisp refreshing finish.
- Best Lager (>5%) Trophy, International Beer Challenge 2012
- Gold Award, International Beer Challenge 2012
- "This unpasteurised brew is re-fermented using Champagne yeast (they also make incredibly good sparkling wine there) and then a "dosage" of fragrant Nelson Sauvin hop is added before being cold filtered. It's incredibly fragrant and a must for fans of aromatic hoppy beer." The Metro (Dec 2015)
- "Brewed by the team behind Chapel Down wine, this has three hops, including the rare and scented Sauvin, and tastes full flavoured, soft and wheaty."
Susy Atkins, The Telegraph (Jul 2015)
- "Top 10 Pick of UK Brews. A seriously bourgeois beer. A crisp lager brewed with champagne yeast for a hint of dryness and a really light mouthfeel - made by one of Britain's most celebrated vineyards." Jamie Magazine (Jun 2014)
- "This gold-coloured lager is one of the best I've tried. It's aromatic, with nice exotic hoppy notes, and well balanced with refined fruity flavours and a tasty bitter hoppiness."
Jamie Goode, The Sunday Express (Feb 2014)
- "I loved it when I first tasted it...a lovely beer which has a sparkling zing that makes it refreshing, satisfying and a lovely halfway house between beer and a sparkling wine. The flavour is a fuller, more assertive beer that's fruity and rounded but still reined in at the end by a crisp dryness."
Pete Brown, Beer Journalist (Jul 2012)
- "50 Best Beers. Curious Brew is a lager brewed with champagne yeast, giving it a delicious grapey fruitiness and tingling sparkle."
The Independent (Aug 2012)