We have teamed up with our long standing partner Roast Restaurant in Borough Market to create an exclusive tasting menu in celebration of English Wine Week (Saturday 28th May - Sunday 5th June 2016). The six course seasonal tasting menu, created by Head Chef Stuart Cauldwell, consists of a range of English-inspired dishes that champion local produce, all paired perfectly with six Chapel Down wines.
Food lovers and oenophiles can take a seat overlooking the iconic Borough Market whilst enjoying the range of dishes and wines, including our latest premium release - and winner of a Platinum Medal this week at the Decanter World Wine Awards - Kit’s Coty Chardonnay 2013, and a celebratory glass of Roast 10th Celebration Blanc de Blancs 2010 by Chapel Down.
The Tasting Menu:
- Jersey Rock Oysters, paired with Roast 10th Celebration Blanc de Blancs 2010
- Loch Fyne seared scallops with heritage carrots and black pudding, paired with Chardonnay 2012
- Lorne sausage scotch egg and piccalilli, paired with Union Red 2014
- Fillet of cured sea trout with crab sauce, paired with Kit’s Coty Chardonnay 2013
- Pork belly with mashed potato and Bramley apple sauce, paired with Bacchus 2014
- Bramley apple and rhubarb crumble tart with vanilla custard, paired with Nectar Late Harvest 2014
Having worked with Roast for the past ten years, we are delighted to partner with them to celebrate English Wine Week. Roast have always focused on quality English food, using the finest ingredients from local producers, and we believe this tasting menu really is a celebration of the best of English food with the best of English wine.
The Chapel Down English Wine Week Menu will be available from Monday 30th May until Friday 3rd June exclusively at Roast, Borough Market, London. The full tasting menu including wines costs £95.00 per person. To make a reservation please call Roast on 0203 0066 111, email email@example.com or visit the Roast Website